Save $50 on Reading the Old German Handwriting Online Course plus FREE BONUS!
Today, September 30th, is the Feast of Saint Jerome who is the patron saint of librarians, archivists, and translators! Jerome was known for his translation of the Bible into Latin. Genealogy Bargains has some special offers to share in celebration of Translation Day!
In honor of Translation Day, SK Translations is offering Reading the Old German Handwriting Course with three skill building levels at a HUGE SAVINGS. Regularly $129 USD per segment, enroll in the ENTIRE SERIES for just $319 USD! And with promo code Translationday50 your final cost is just $269 USD!
EARLY BIRD BONUS! Purchase BEFORE 2:00 pm Eastern TODAY and receive a FREE copy of Premium Vocabulary Article Package, a $25 USD value!
- Level 1: How to Read the Alphabet of the Old German Handwriting. Learn to Recognize the Individual Letters of the Old German Script VIEW DETAILS
- Level 2: Recognizing the Most Important Vocabulary in the Old German Script If you know the words, it all gets easier! VIEW DETAILS
- Level 3: Deciphering Records in German Genealogy Practice Vital Records, Church Records, and Letters to Improve Your Deciphering Skills VIEW DETAILS
These courses are all hosted online and you learn at your own pace. They also include:
- Video Lectures
- Matching Games
- Tests & Quizzes
- Practice Words
- Discussion Forum
The complete course also includes:
- In-Depth Look at the Individual Letters of the Alphabet + Tricks on How to Recognize Them
- Guide to Common Letter Combinations in the German Script + How to Sight Read Them
- Practice Section on Deciphering Short Words from Actual Genealogical Documents
- Deep Dive into the Vocabulary on German Records, such as:
- Milestone Words
- Causes of Death
- Practice Section on Deciphering These Words from Actual Genealogical Documents
- Lessons on Reading Specific Genealogical Records (Videos and Text)
Actual Genealogical Records to Decipher + Answer Keys
- Downloadable Articles on the Best Tips and Tricks for Reading the Old German Handwriting
- Discussion Forum to Discuss Struggles and Victories with Fellow “Classmates”
Get the Skills You Need to Decipher Old German Handwriting! Use the link below to get started on your journey to finally understanding Old German Handwriting and making major progress with your genealogy research!
Don’t forget to use the promo code Translationday50 at checkout and save $50USD on the entire 3-part course! Sale valid TODAY ONLY, Wednesday, September 30th, 2020.
FREE CHEAT SHEET – Translation & Transcription Tools for Genealogy
At some point in the research process, every genealogist needs to transcribe a document. At times, the document is a one-of-a-kind item that can be accessed only in-person at an archive or repository. In many other cases, a document has been scanned as an image, but has not been converted into usable text. Here is an overview of websites, apps, and software that can be leveraged to quickly and easily transcribe handwritten and difficult-to-read documents.
©2020, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved