LAST CHANCE! Save 50% on US Discovery and World Explorer memberships at Ancestry!
This offer is for NEW MEMBERS* only! Save 50% on the US Discovery and the World Explorer 6-month subscriptions at Ancestry!
- US Discovery 6-month subscription, regularly $99 USD, you pay just $49 USD. Click HERE to get started!
- World Explorer 6-month subscription, regularly $149 USD, you pay just $74 USD. Click HERE to get started!
This offer is valid through Monday, January 7th, 2019!
Offers end January 7, 2019, at 11:59 p.m. ET. Offers available for new subscribers only and not for renewal of current subscriptions. Offers only valid for 6‑month U.S. Discovery and World Explorer memberships. Billed in one payment of $49 for a 6-month subscription to U.S. Discovery or $74 for a 6‑month subscription to World Explorer. Your subscription will automatically renew at list price after the introductory offer. If you don’t want to renew, cancel at least two days before your renewal date. Cancel by visiting the My Account section or by contacting us. See our Renewal and Cancellation Terms for further details.
*Note: if you have NOT had an Ancestry membership in the past 90 days, you qualify as a “new member.” Purchase the membership, then contact Ancestry to have them connect your “new” membership to your “old” account login.
How to Save Money Renewing Your Ancestry Membership
Note that Ancestry almost NEVER has a sale on renewing your active Ancestry membership – this just does not work with their business model. But there are ways that we’ve found to save money on Ancestry renewals:
So what do you do if you are a current Ancestry.com customer? Here are some suggested ways to save:
- Turn Off Auto-Renew. For US customers of Ancestry, there is no way to cancel the auto-renewal on your current membership. ALL Ancestry (click HERE for a list of phone numbers) and ask to disable the auto-renew option. Ask for a confirmation number or a confirmation email.
- Use a Gift Card, Pre-Paid Credit Card, or Virtual Credit Card. One way to “trick” Ancestry into NOT automatically renewing your membership is to use a payment method that does NOT renew. One option is a Visa or Mastercard gift card, but there will be a small processing fee. Some users feel the $5.95 fee is worth the piece of mind. Another option is to use a “virtual credit card.” What is it? Some credit card companies will allow you to generate a one-time only credit card number linked to your account for online shopping. There is no extra charge for this service and credit card companies provide this to help combat fraud. Click HERE to read more about virtual credit cards.
- Let Your Membership Expire. After making sure your membership won’t renew, wait at least one day after your account expires. Then use the links above for a great deal on 6-month Ancestry memberships. Once you’ve signed up, again call Ancestry to disable the auto-renewal otherwise you’ll be charged FULL PRICE at time of renewal.
- Call Ancestry and ask for a discount. One of the best ways to get a discount on your renewal is to CALL Ancestry (click HERE for a list of phone numbers) within 90 days of your renewal date. Tell them you are considering cancelling your subscription. See what kind of offer they make – we’ve heard reports of up to 60% off in order to get Ancestry customers to keep their subscription active.
- Save 30% with your AARP membership! That’s right, you can get a World Subscription for 30% off. This is a ONE TIME ONLY offer and you should only use this when you are close to your renewal date. Click HERE and then CALL the number listed about one week prior to your renewal date.
- Get Ancestry access for FREE. What? YES! Many public libraries and even genealogy society libraries, as well as Family Search Centers have access on-site to Ancestry’s Library Edition. You won’t have the convenience of access at home but you will be able to access Ancestry for free!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.