Save 30%! Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity Estimates DNA Boot Camp – Saturday, September 29, 2018
LAST CHANCE – EXPIRES MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24th!
If you are ready, click HERE to register and get the early bird price of just $19.99 USD – no promo code needed!
Let’s face it . . . DNA testing takes time and money. So don’t you want to get the most out of your DNA test results? Why is it so difficult to connect with a close DNA match on Ancestry or MyHeritage or another platform? And what about ethnicity estimates? Are they really accurate? And why do they seem to “change”?
Increasing my DNA education has been an important goal for me this year. I’m ready to learn more, are you? Then LET’S DO THIS TOGETHER! If you’re ready you can join me and DNA expert Mary Eberle for our fifth DNA online event in 2018 entitled Researching Difficult DNA Matches & Understanding Ethnicity on Saturday, September 29, 2018.
I’ll be your host and moderator while Mary shares her tricks and tips on DNA matching, helps us better understand our ethnicity estimates, AND walks us through practical hands-on exercises using DNA test results. Mary will also answer your questions live during each webinar.
Here’s what Mary Eberle has to say about this week’s upcoming DNA Boot Camp:
“This DNA Boot Camp covers two useful DNA topics: (1) ethnicity estimates, including Ancestry’s updates to their ethnicity estimates and (2) researching difficult DNA matches. Discover how DNA ethnicity estimates can help with your family research. Also learn how to discover who many of your DNA matches are—even if they don’t provide much information. It can be frustrating to have good DNA matches with no trees. But many times, there are clues to extract for determining how your matches are related to you. These two topics will add to your DNA toolbox so you can maximize your DNA testing.”
- Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches: Have a really strong DNA match, but that the person doesn’t even have a name, let alone a tree? This webinar covers both free and subscription-based websites to help your detective work. It also covers the clues that can be used to figure out who matches are, where they’re from, and other important information. These new insights into your mystery can help you figure out your connection to them and place them in your family tree.
- Understanding Ethnicity Estimates: Think that ethnicity estimates provided by DNA testing don’t help, they’re wrong, or at best, they’re just fun? Learn how and when your client’s ethnicity estimates can be useful. This talk will cover 1) how ethnicity estimates are generated and the ancestral timeframe they reflect; 2) differences between the DNA testing companies; 3) additional tools to further explore ethnicity estimates; and 4) how to identify situations in which they can be very helpful. Several case studies where ethnicity estimates helped solve the genealogy mystery at hand will be covered.
You’ll receive over 3 hours of educational content for the low price of $25.99! You’ll also receive access to the recorded versions of each webinar and the handouts! Register by Monday, September 24, 2018 and receive $6 off the registration price for a low $19.99 USD! Space is limited, and if you register but can’t attend, you’ll still receive the handouts, the freebies and access to the recordings!
Saturday September 29, 2018
Duration: 3.5 hours (with a 30 minute break)
- 10:00 am CDT
Best Tools for Researching Difficult DNA Matches
- 11:30 am CDT
- 12:00 pm CDT
Understanding Ethnicity Estimates
- 1:30 pm CDT
Closing and Thank You
Mary Eberle – Speaker
Mary Eberle is an experienced genetic genealogist and a DNA expert. She’s a former patent attorney with extensive DNA experience. Mary began her work in the field of DNA research 30 years ago. She now owns DNA Hunters, LLC, which finds people’s biological parents and helps people understand their DNA results. Mary lectures on genetic genealogy throughout the country.
Thomas MacEntee – Moderator
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, marketer, network builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started building his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. His latest endeavor is Abundant Genealogy, a site filled with free resources for genealogists and family historians of all skill levels.
How To Register
Ready to join in this great educational event? Here are the details on the registration process:
- Click the button above to go to PayPal and make payment or click HERE. You do not need a PayPal account to make payment.
- IMPORTANT: If you use a different email address for Paypal than your normal email address PLEASE LET US KNOW! We have no way of sending you the registration link or password otherwise! Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Once payment is processed and received, you will receive a confirmation email. You will also receive a link to register for the webinar.
- Then you’ll be reminded via e-mail at least one day prior to the DNA Boot Camp.
- Within 24 hours of the start of the DNA Boot Camp, you’ll receive the password for the webinar as well as links to the handout and freebie so you can review them before we start.
- After the webinar, all registrants will have access to the recording for personal use. The recording will be hosted on Vimeo. A password will be required to access the video pages.
Questions? Email us at email@example.com.
Terms and Conditions
Please read the Terms and Conditions for all Hack Genealogy Boot Camp events before you pay and register! Click here for more information.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.