Our Tips on Saving Money at Ancestry from Genealogy Bargains!
- Follow Genealogy Bargains for updated deals on Ancestry. The easiest way to learn about sales at Ancestry is to bookmark Genealogy Bargains or click HERE to sign up for our email list.
- Holidays Mean Free Access at Ancestry. If you do not have a membership to a subscription at Ancestry, look for “free days” around specific holidays. Very often, the week before Memorial Day or Veterans Day will allow you to access military records. Labor Day offers access to free occupational records. Sign up for a site’s e-mail alerts to stay on top of the latest offers.
- Cycle On and Cycle Off. A common technique many genealogists use to save money is to purchase a short-term subscription at Ancestry. Instead of signing up and paying for a year, get a six month membership. Once the membership has expired, take a break and then use other websites for research. Maintain a research log “wish list” of records you want to access or find, and then sign up for that genealogy website again. Get to work locating what you need, then drop off again for a few months.
Current Deals on Ancestry
These are the best deals available on the Internet right now for Ancestry:
Save 50% or more on 6-month subscriptions at Ancestry! This offer is for NEW MEMBERS only, but you can save 50% on the US and World 6-month subscriptions!
- US Discovery 6-month subscription, regularly $99 USD, you pay just $49 USD. Click HERE to get started!
- World Explorer 6-month subscription, regularly $149 USD, you pay just $74 USD. Click HERE to get started!
- All Access 6-month subscription, regularly $199 USD, you pay just $99 USD. Click HERE to get started!
Current Ancestry Subscribers – Ways to Save
The offers above are ONLY for NEW SUBSCRIBERS. So what do you do if you are a current Ancestry.com customer? Here are some suggested ways to save:
- Save 30% with your AARP membership! That’s right, you can get a World Subscription for 30% off. This is a ONE TIME ONLY offer and you should only use this when you are close to your renewal date. Click HERE and then CALL the number listed about one week prior to your renewal date.
- Cancel and Wait up to 92 Days. Now that’s a weird number right? Not really . . . here at Genealogy Bargains we make it a habit to study Ancestry’s marketing practices. Once you cancel, you will receive email offers to re-subscribe. Wait until at least 91 days after your cancellation date. Why? Then you can qualify as a “new subscriber” and get the best deals. Keep in mind that you may need to then call Ancestry and have them link your old tree etc.
- Call Ancestry and ask for a discount. One of the best ways to get a discount on your renewal is to CALL Ancestry (click HERE for a list of phone numbers) when it is close to your renewal date. Tell them you are considering cancelling your subscription. See what kind of offer they make – we’ve heard reports of up to 60% off in order to get Ancestry customers to keep their subscription active.
- Get Ancestry access for FREE. What? YES! Many public libraries and even genealogy society libraries, as well as Family Search Centers have access on-site to Ancestry’s Library Edition. You won’t have the convenience of access at home but you will be able to access Ancestry for free!
AncestryDNA Coupons and Promo Codes
Another way to make amazing progress with your own genealogy and family history research is to take a DNA test using AncestryDNA. Click HERE to access the latest information at DNA Bargains and to save money plus get FREE SHIPPING on AncestryDNA!
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Disclosure statement: Genealogy Bargains has material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.