FREE Day of Quality Genealogy Education Offered by Board for Certification of Genealogists and Legacy Family Tree
[Editor’s note: We received the following information from Legacy Family Tree Webinars. Each year they have generously sponsored free online access to this amazing online genealogy education event from the Board for Certification of Genealogists.]
Top genealogists Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, Elissa Scalise Powell, Rebecca Whitman Koford, Thomas W. Jones, and Judy G. Russell will present five one-hour lectures held at the Family History Library in Salt Lake City Friday, 19 October 2018 between 9 AM and 4:30 PM mountain U.S. time. The lectures are free and open to the public (registration is not required), and sponsored by the Board for Certification of Genealogists. All will be broadcast online (free registration is required, see below). The board is an independent certifying body and author of the updated 2014 Genealogy Standards.
Times, topics, and speakers:
- 9:00 AM – “Past Conflict Repatriation: The Role of Genealogists and Methodology in Fulfilling Our Nation’s Promise” Jeanne Larzalere Bloom, CG
- 10:30 AM – “Deeper Analysis: Techniques for Successful Problem Solving” Elissa Scalise Powell, CG, CGL
- 1:00 PM – “John Jacob Kramer: Case Study of Mistaken Identity among Revolutionary War Soldiers” Rebecca Whitman Koford, CG, CGL
- 2:15 PM – “Using Indirect and Negative Evidence to Prove Unrecorded Events” Thomas W. Jones, PhD, CG, CGL
- 3:30 PM – “The Discriminating Genealogist: Telling Good Evidence from Bad” Judy G. Russell, CG, CGL
“Every October BCG presents a series of lectures at the Family History Library given by some of the most distinguished genealogists in our field,” said President Rick Sayre, CG, CGL. “This year they are also available online. We do this to educate genealogists at all levels and to promote uniform standards of competence and ethics.”
For questions or more information contact office@BCGcertification.org.
Register for the Online Broadcasts
All five classes will be broadcast online by BCG’s webinar partner, Legacy Family Tree Webinars. Visit www.FamilyTreeWebinars.com/BCG to sign up individually (free), or click here to sign up for multiple classes at once.
Certified Genealogist is a trademark and CG is a service mark of the Board for Certification of Genealogists, used under license by board-certified associates after periodic competency evaluations.
Save 15% on Legacy Family Tree Webinars Membership
All live webinars are free and their recordings are free to watch for the first seven (7) days. But with a subscription to FamilyTreeWebinars.com you get these additional benefits:
- Access to 1) all the existing 760 classes in the library (1,009 hours of quality genealogy education), 2) plus the webinars that will be added during the 2018 season, 3) plus any additional bonus subscribers-only webinars – all available for the duration of your membership
- Access to all 3,356 pages of instructors’ handouts plus the new handouts of the 2018 season
- Chat logs from the live webinars
- Additional 5% off anything at FamilyTreeWebinars.com
- Chance for a bonus subscribers-only door prize during each live webinar
Additional members-only BONUS webinars
- Playlist, resume watching, and jump-to features
Save 15% on an Annual Membership: Regularly $49.95, pay just $42.46 when you use promo code thomas15 at checkout.
Visit http://legacy.familytreewebinars.com/?aid=4438 for more information.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Disclosure statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All content including images have been used by permission from each vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved