Take Your “Research Like a Pro Experience” to the Next Level with a “Back to School” Sale at Familylocket.com
Earlier today, I posted my review of Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide (click HERE to access) and in short, this is a MUST HAVE book for anyone who wants to get serious about their family history research.
Did you know that besides the book, the team of Diana Elder, AG and Nicole Dyer also offer two different Research Like a Pro “experiences” as I’m calling them? If you already have the book, now take your knowledge to the next level! And did I mention that these “experiences” are on sale with HUGE SAVINGS right now?
Research Like a Pro E-Book
Authors Diana Elder and Nicole Dyer are having a sale on the e-book version of their best-selling book Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide at Amazon! Click HERE to read my recent review of this amazing book!
“Are you stuck in your genealogical research? Wondering how to make progress on your brick wall problems? Discover the process that a professional genealogist uses to solve difficult cases. Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide shares a step-by-step method using real world examples, easily understood by any level of genealogist; written for the researcher ready to take their skills to the next level.
Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will give you the tools to:
- Form an objective focusing your research for an entire project.
- Review your research with new eyes by creating your own timeline analysis.
- Construct a locality guide to direct your research.
- Create a plan to keep your research on track.
- Style source citations, giving your work credibility.
- Set up a research log to organize and track your searches.
- Write a report detailing your findings and ideas for future research.
Links to templates give you the tools you need to get started and work samples illustrate each step. You’ll learn to execute a research project from start to finish, then start again with the new information discovered. Whether you are a newbie or experienced researcher, Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide will move the search for your ancestors forward. Start now to learn to Research Like a Pro.”
Regularly $19.99 print version, now just $4.99 USD for the Amazon Kindle version! Click HERE – via Amazon
Research Like a Pro eCourse
The brand new Research Like a Pro eCourse is available for registration August 1st through August 31st. There is a “progressive sale” going on right now using the following schedule:
- Purchase between August 1st through August 5th, pay just $79 USD
- Purchase between August 6th through August 19th, pay just $89 USD
- Purchase between August 20th through August 31st, pay full price $99 USD
Have you been interested in joining a Research Like a Pro Study Group, but worried about the time commitment? Perhaps the dates didn’t work for you or you were nervous about receiving peer feedback on your work. I’m excited to announce that Nicole and I are launching the Research Like a Pro E-course designed to give you the extra boost you might need in your research efforts. You’ll be able to work at your own pace and still receive valuable assistance along the way.
The eCourse includes:
- Eight webinars detailing the Research Like a Pro method (lifetime access)
- “Ask Diana” chat sessions – monthly during the eCourse, September-December (lifetime access to recorded sessions)
- Private Research Like a Pro Facebook group (lifetime access)
- Printable Research Like a Pro flowchart
Research Like a Pro Study Group
The popular Research Like a Pro Study Group is available for registration beginning August 1st until sold out. Regularly $160 USD, now pay just $140 USD if you purchase between August 1st through August 5th.
Could you use some structure in your genealogy research? Do you respond well to a group study atmosphere? If so, the Research Like a Pro study group can give you the motivation and the setting to finally make progress in your research.
- Pedigree analysis and objectives: Learn how to analyze your family tree for possible research opportunities, then how to focus your research with an objective.
- Reviewing previous research and analyzing source information: Learn how to analyze the sources you have found and extract all of the possible data from them.
- Location research: Study jurisdictions, boundary changes, and discover the importance of understanding “where” an event occurred.
- Research planning: Learn to make a focused plan that will guide you to the best sources that will answer your research question.
- Source citations: Study the elements of a good source citation and learn to create your own.
- Logging your research: Discover how to organize your research using a research log and source citations.
- Writing up your research: Learn the many ways you can share your research, how to write a simple proof summary, and discover the best option for any research scenario.
- Organization, productivity, and education: Discover new ways to organize your genealogy documents, become more productive in your work, and boost your genealogical knowledge.
How it Works
- After you pay for the study group, I will contact you with further information and answer any questions.
- One-hour study group sessions will be held via Google Plus Private Hangouts from the comfort of your home computer.
- Following the session, I will share a private link for you to view the recorded session at any time.
- Before each session you will have access to a webinar to view in preparation for the session topic.
- Each session will consist of discussion on the topic with practical practice and time for questions.
- Following each session, you will complete an assignment on your own research problem.
- You will receive feedback on your research assignment from me and two study group members.
- You will give feedback on the research assignment to two study group members.
* * *
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.