Pre-Order The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy at Amazon and SAVE!
Save 35% on The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy by Blaine T. Bettinger! In this updated 2nd edition. Regularly $29.99, pre-order now for delivery on July 30th and you pay just $19.36!
About The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy
“Discover the answers to your family history mysteries using the most-cutting edge tool available to genealogists. This plain-English guide, newly revised and expanded, is a one-stop resource on genetic genealogy for family historians. Inside, you’ll learn what DNA tests are available, with up-to-date pros and cons of the major testing companies (including AncestryDNA) and advice on choosing the right test to answer your specific questions. For those who’ve already taken DNA tests, this guide will demystify and explain how to interpret DNA test results, including how to understand ethnicity estimates and haplogroup designations, navigate suggested cousin matches, and use third-party tools like GEDmatch to further analyze data.”
Inside, you’ll find:
- Colorful diagrams and expert definitions that explain key DNA terms and concepts, such as haplogroups and DNA inheritance patterns
- Detailed guides to each of the major kinds of DNA tests: autosomal-DNA (atDNA), mitochondrial-DNA (mtDNA), Y-chromosomal DNA (Y-DNA), and X-chromosomal DNA (X-DNA)
- Tips for selecting the DNA test that can best help solve your family mysteries, with case studies showing how each test can be useful in research
- Information about third-party tools you can use to more thoroughly analyze your test results once you’ve received them
- Test companion guides and research forms to help you select the most appropriate DNA test and organize your results and research once you’ve been tested
About the Author: Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D.
Blaine Bettinger, Ph.D., J.D., is a professional genealogist specializing in DNA evidence. He is the author of the long-running blog The Genetic Genealogist (www.TheGeneticGenealogist.com), one of the first blogs dedicated to genetic genealogy. Blaine is the author of The Family Tree Guide to DNA Testing and Genetic Genealogy, and co-author with Debbie Parker Wayne of the award-winning Genetic Genealogy in Practice, the world’s first genetic genealogy workbook. He also co-authored “Genetics for Genealogy” with Judy Russell in 2018’s Professional Genealogy: Preparation, Practice & Standards (ProGen PPS) (Elizabeth Shown Mills, Author and Editor).
Blaine is or has been an instructor for genetic genealogy courses at the Institute of Genealogy and Historical Research (IGHR), Salt Lake Institute of Genealogy (SLIG), Genealogical Research Institute of Pittsburgh (GRIP), and Virtual Institute of Genealogical Research.
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.