Help Keep the Genealogy and Family Industry Diverse and Vibrant! Shop Small Business Saturday!
Today, November 24th is Small Business Saturday – Small Business Saturday is a day dedicated to supporting small businesses and communities across the country. Founded by American Express in 2010, this day is celebrated each year on the Saturday after Thanksgiving and U.S. consumers have reported spending an estimated $85 Billion+* at independent retailers and restaurants over these eight days alone.
We’ve added several NEW bargains and vendors today! Please make it a point to shop at these “small” genealogy business that serve the genealogical community in a BIG way!
- Celebrate DNA
- DNA Hunters, LLC
- Family ChartMasters
- Family Locket
- Family History Researcher Academy
- Flip-Pal mobile scanner
- Hack Genealogy
- Legacy Tree Genealogists
- Research, Write, Connect!
- Twisted Twigs Genealogy Clothing
Genealogy Bargains for Small Business Saturday
Celebrate DNA – Alexander Coss
Welcome to CelebrateDNA.com I felt compelled to create this site for two key reasons. I love being creative and this was definitely a creative outlet. And secondly, I’ve always had a fascination with ancestry, ethnicity and cultures.
It’s been an interesting journey for myself to reconcile my own views about my nationality, race and ethnic heritage. Turns out I’m a “Rainbow”! A beautiful patchwork of 23 chromosome pairs with colorful ancestral contributions from people of Europe, the Americas and Africa. And those are the very broad categories.
It’s my sincere hope that Celebrate DNA™ will inspire others to ACKNOWLEDGE, EMBRACE and CELEBRATE their heritage and human diversity in all its wondrous forms!
- Celebrate DNA: 25% off on DNA-related T-shirts, Sweatshirts and Hoodies (adult sizes) at Celebrate DNA! Use promo code THOMAS18 at checkout! Sale valid through Friday, November 30th – LINK
DNA Hunters, LLC – Mary Eberle, JD
Mary Eberle is a DNA expert and genetic genealogist. She formed DNA Hunters,®LLC in 2015. Her team finds people’s biological parents, grandparents, and other ancestors. She is also an educator, a national speaker, and the author of “23 Best Tips for DNA Testing and Family History.” Mary is a retired patent attorney with extensive DNA experience. Over 30 years ago, she began her scientific career. She developed DNA tests for transplant patients. Today, Mary clearly explains DNA by weaving stories, metaphors, and examples into her teachings.
- Amazon: FREE E-BOOK 23 Best Tips for DNA Testing and Family History by Mary Eberle – regularly $4.99 USD, now FREE! Sale valid through Sunday, November 25th, 2018 – LINK
- Hack Genealogy: Take 50% off ALL DNA Downloads during Black Friday Sale – use promo code BLACKFRIDAY – LINK
Family ChartMasters – Janet Hovorka
In 2004 there was a woman whose mother gave her a .paf file with 7,000+ names. Then, her father’s aunt gave her another file that contained 3,000+ names. This tech savvy lady commenced trying to fit all the files together and make sense of it all. Unfortunately, the files were too big of a mess, and after numerous tries to figure it all out, the lady was frustrated. The files contained information about many interesting and wonderful people. She wanted to get to know the people she came from, and maybe even flesh our their stories and find documentation about them. She was a librarian, and librarians have to research until they know all about everything.
Happily, the woman was married to a computer programmer. He was a sweet, compassionate guy who wanted to help her with her genealogy dilemma. So, he set out to write her a program that would put everyone on a big chart, where she could see them and begin to fit all the families together. Well, he did such a good job, that the neighbor across the street wanted a chart of her own, and then the neighbor down the street, and so on and so on. The couple thought this was kind of fun so they decided to try to help others create their own charts, and then, the rest is history…
- Family ChartMasters: Save 50% on customized DNA ethnicity charts at Family ChartMasters starting at just $9.95 USD – must use promo code NOVDNA50 at checkout! Sale valid through Friday, November 30th – LINK
Family History Researcher Academy – Nick Thorne
Your heritage adds to your own story. A family tree gives a fantastic sense of belonging. Let the Family History Researcher help you to discover your ancestors.
- Family History Researcher Academy: Save 25% off 52-week online course in English and Welsh Genealogy Research! You save $3.50 USD / £2.75 GBP per month on the full price. You’ll get 52 weekly modules delivered to your computer, so that you can peruse them at your own speed and at the time that you want. And you can cancel at any time! Click HERE for the US offer and click HERE for the UK offer
Family Locket – Diana Elder AG® and Nicole Dyer
Welcome to Family Locket! We are a mother daughter team who write about finding ancestors and keeping them close to the heart. We are members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
- Family Locket: Save 75% on Research Like a Pro: A Genealogist’s Guide e-book on Amazon Kindle, regularly $19.99 USD print, now just $4.99 USD! – LINK
- Family Locket: Save 45% on Research Like a Pro e-course, regularly $125 USD, now just $69 USD! Sale valid through Thursday, November 29th – LINK
Flip-Pal mobile scanner – Gordon Nuttall
The Flip-Pal team produces patented solutions that solve everyday problems, are simple to operate so many can use them, and have a combination of benefits that are not available anywhere else. We do this in order to enrich lives.
We are an intentional, values-based organization. Character counts. Whether at a personal, professional, or institutional level, our C • I • C • I • C values are the principles that we believe in and strive for in our vocation while on this earth.
- Flip-Pal: Save $25 and get FREE SHIPPING* with Holiday Value Pack! *Free 3-5 day shipping via USPS within continental US only. Other shipping options are available. Offer expires December 31, 2018 – LINK
Legacy Tree Genealogists – Jessica Dalley Taylor
The Legacy Tree Difference: As a company we cultivate an atmosphere of support centered around our company values of CARE—Cooperation, Accuracy, Respect and Efficiency. It’s this commitment to providing exceptional quality and care to each client that has earned us the prestige of being the world’s highest-rated genealogy research firm.
Since 2004 we’ve had the privilege of helping thousands of clients around the globe discover their story.
- Legacy Tree Genealogists: From November 21st through November 28th, Legacy Tree Genealogists clients can receive $150 off our popular Standard 40-Hour Research Project with code CYBER150. Sale valid through Wednesday, November 28th! – LINK
Qroma – Tony Knight
Qroma is a Silicon Valley-based startup company specializing in tools that help consumers digitize their print photos with their mobile devices. Our first product, QromaScan, is targeted for release in the Spring of 2015. QromaScan is the first product to use voice recognition technology to tag photos as they are scanned.
- Qroma: Save up to 50% on Qroma products – LINK including: QromaTag for macOS, regularly $49.99 USD, now just $32.49 USD; QromaScan USB Bundle, regularly $59.99 USD, now just $35.99 USD; Qroma Total Bundle, regularly $109.99 USD, now just $55 USD
Research, Write, Connect! – Lisa A. Alzo
The Research Write Connect Academy is designed to help students of all ages and experience levels jumpstart and advance their skills in writing and genealogy research. For over two decades, its creator, author and instructor Lisa A. Alzo, has been educating and inspiring genealogists around the world to research and write about their ancestors. With more than 28 years’ experience as a researcher and possessing an MFA degree in creative nonfiction writing, Lisa brings a unique expertise shared through her articles, books, and presentations.
- ENDS TODAY! Research, Write, Connect!: Serve Up AMAZING Family Stories This Thanksgiving and SAVE 50% on ALL COURSES . Sale valid through Saturday, November 24th! – LINK
RootsMagic – Bruce Buzbee
For over 20 years, RootsMagic, Inc. has been creating computer software with a special purpose- to unite families. One of our earliest products- the popular “Family Origins” software, introduced thousands of people to the joy and excitement of family history.
That tradition continues today with “RootsMagic”, our award-winning genealogy software which makes researching, organizing, and sharing your family history fun and easy. “Personal Historian” will help you easily write and preserve your life stories. “Family Reunion Organizer” takes the headaches out of planning those important get-togethers. And our newest product “Family Atlas”, which makes creating custom family maps fun and easy.
- RootsMagic: Save 67% with Special Holiday Offer at RootsMagic! “Are you looking for a gift that will really bring the family together? Then give the gift of computer software that unites families. And, as a RootsMagic customer, we’ve made it even easier for you by offering an amazing bundle including RootsMagic 7, Personal Historian 3, Getting the Most Out of RootsMagic 7, and Personal Historian: The Companion Guide (a $90 value) for as low as $30!” – LINK
Twisted Twigs Genealogy Clothing – Deidre Denton
I began researching my family tree at the inquisitive age of 11 after discovering an error on my Grandma Jayne’s framed Mayflower family tree that she received as a gift. While researching my 10th great-grandfather Edward Winslow as a punishment (a story for another time), I discovered that Edward, who was on the Mayflower, was actually a great-granduncle. His brother, Kenelm Winslow, was my 10th great-grandfather. That’s where a mild interest in my family tree became the full-on obsession it is today.
When I meet other family historians/genealogists during events and mention “I’m Twisted Twigs“, I usually see their face light up and hear “I love your page! Your memes make my day!” or I receive a big ole bear hug. Who doesn’t like hugs!?! Twisted Twigs on Gnarled Branches Genealogy on Facebook started one afternoon in February 2012 while frustrated with an English brick wall (Clarks from England = Smiths in US). 5000 genealogy memes later, we’ve laughed while sharing our obsession across walls of our friends, family, and far flung cousins. Hopefully, we might have hooked one more future genealogist into our tribe with each funny meme shared.
- Twisted Twigs Genealogy: Fun t-shirts to show off your love of genealogy, DNA and family history from Twisted Twigs Genealogy! Available for in men’s, women’s and youth sizes, from $17.99 USD to $19.99 USD – LINK
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2018, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.