Save 50% on MyHeritage Complete after Free Trial!
When was the last time you took MyHeritage for a test drive? If you haven’t checked in lately, you may not realize how MyHeritage can help you make advances on your DNA, genealogy, and family history research.
It’s never been easier to explore your family history!
- Build your family tree online and discover your family’s past: Start your family tree by entering information about the relatives you know
- Research your family with our collection of historical records: Search 9.6 billion historical records to learn more about the people in your tree
- Grow your tree through automatic matches to other family trees: Uncover more of your family’s story with our automatic search technology
Why I Find Myself Using MyHeritage More and More Lately
As you can imagine many attendees will ask me questions and want to “pick my brain” in between lectures and afterwards. This is another aspect of my job that I love since it gives me an indication of the current issues for genealogists and family historians. One question I get frequently: “Should I be using MyHeritage?” or “What’s the best site to use if I have European ancestry?” or “Why do you like using MyHeritage?”
I always tell genealogists that there is no “easy button” in genealogy and NO WEBSITE will provide easy answers. But you need to spend time understanding all the features of a site like MyHeritage and maximize your time spent there.
What do you really know about MyHeritage? Some of you may have recently taken advantage of free records access at My Heritage. Some of you may have uploaded a small family tree to MyHeritage. Here are the newer features I use the most at MyHeritage and the ones that have really helped me with my own research:
- DNA Matching: MyHeritage has made recent improvements in its DNA Matching technology and I’ve found lots of new matches. And these are in the 1st to 3rd cousin range, not 4th to 6th cousin like AncestryDNA’s matching. Also, I love that DNA Matches allows me to see the surnames I have in common with my matches!
- True Worldwide Coverage: This is a big one for me especially as I am working on my European genealogy research. MyHeritage has over 99 million users, 3.2 billion profiles, and 9.5 billion international historical records, as well as an online community of users around the world. When I have questions about German archives and records I know I can get answers from other users on MyHeritage.
- SmartMatching™: Finds matching profiles in family trees, enabling users to discover new ancestors and relatives, and connect with other users.
- RecordMatching™: Automatic matches between people and historical records.
- Consistency Checker: Scans your family tree and identifies mistakes and inconsistencies in your data so that you could make the necessary changes in your tree, improving its overall quality and accuracy.
- 24/7 Customer Service: Great toll-free customer support 24 hours a day / 7 days a week for most countries.
Special FREE TRIAL Offer – 50% Off MyHeritage
MyHeritage is offering a special discount on its annual Complete Plan price with a FREE 14-DAY Trial. MyHeritage is one of the fastest growing genealogy sites and the best place to build your family tree, with historical collections including billions of records. This special offer will give you EVERYTHING on MyHeritage for the lowest price.
Click HERE to get your 50% off deal on the MyHeritage Complete package. This offer is for new subscribers only*. The normal price is $299 USD and you’ll pay just $149 USD for a full year’s access to the following:
- Private family site with unlimited capacity
- Automatic Record Matches
- Vital records from 48 countries
- Smart Matches™ with 43 million trees
- Record Detective™
- Book Matching
- Pedigree Map™
- Sun Charts™
- Consistency Checker
- NEW Photo Discoveries™
- Over 9.5 billion historical records
- Start a new tree or import GEDCOM
- Unlimited photo storage
- Apps for iOS/Android smartphones and tablets
- Military and immigration records
- 1790-1940 US census
- 1841-1911 England & Wales census
- Compilation of Published Sources collection with over 450,000 books and 91 million pages
- Family Tree Builder premium software
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.