Get the MOST COMPREHENSIVE Guide to Ancestry.com for just $15.11 USD with promo code ANCESTRY30!
Are you currently using Ancestry.com? Or maybe have you been considering it but just not sure if you’re ready to start? Then this book is exactly what you need! Inside, you’ll discover how to take advantage of what the world’s biggest genealogy website has to offer—and how to find answers to your genealogy questions within its billions of records and millions of AncestryDNA profiles. Each chapter includes step-by-step examples with illustrations to show you exactly how to apply search techniques to your genealogy. A new section on AncestryDNA will also help you understand and analyze your DNA test results.
Regularly $26.99 USD, on sale for $21.59 USD . . . use promo code ANCESTRY30, pay just $15.11 USD!
The Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, second edition features:
- Timesaving tips for uncovering specific records, time periods and topics using Ancestry.com’s search forms and Card Catalog
- Details on Ancestry.com’s historical record collections, including what you can expect to find in them
- Step-by-step guides for creating and managing your family tree on Ancestry.com, plus how to connect with other users and utilize the site’s powerful Hint system
- Plain-language strategies for using your AncestryDNA results, including guides to your ethnicity report and DNA matches
Whether you’ve just begun dabbling in family history or you’re a longtime Ancestry.com subscriber, this guide book paired with the workbook, will turn you into an Ancestry.com power user.
3 Sample Tips you’ll Find Inside:
- Add dates to your search. Even if it’s just an educated guess, a date in your search will return people who have the same name, but lived across centuries. Ancestry.com’s search function is built to look not only for the exact parameters you’ve indicated, but also results that are similar.
- Don’t specify “exact” in your census searches. Even if you know the exact name, place, and more, resist the urge to check the Exact box. Errors might have been made by enumerators, transcriptionists and ancestors, so the information recorded in the census may not exactly match what you know about your ancestor.
- Be wary of ethnicity estimates. The promise of learning what “percent” of a nationality you are has drawn many people to test with AncestryDNA, but these ethnicity estimates aren’t as reliable as you might believe. Take these estimates with a grain of salt, and spend more time analyzing the list of DNA matches that AncestryDNA provides.
Read My Review of The Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, Second Edition
I recently had the chance to review Unofficial Guide to Ancestry.com, 2nd edition and not only did I LOVE the book, I still use it each week as I am working on my own family history research! Click HERE to read my recent review of this amazingly helpful book!
Don’t Let This Sale Slip Away! TODAY ONLY – Save an EXTRA 30%
There’s no sense in putting this purchase off if you really want to get your money’s worth at Ancestry! This sale expires at the end of the day, TODAY, Wednesday, January 9th! Regularly $26.99 USD, on sale for $21.59 USD . . . use promo code ANCESTRY30, pay just $15.11 USD! Click HERE to purchase
*Use code ANCESTRY30 at checkout to apply the free shipping offer. Offer ends January 9, 2019 at 11:59 pm MT. Not valid with other offers. Other exclusions may apply.
PLEASE NOTE: The post content above contains affiliate links. This means I make a percentage of sales via these links. This does not INCREASE the price you pay as a consumer. It simply supplements my income so I can continue providing as much free genealogy content as possible through my “abundance model.”
Disclaimer: All prices and offers are subject to change. Some items may be sold out and have limited inventory. Also check to see if you have automated purchase settings enabled, such as Amazon Buy with 1-Click: it is your responsibility to make sure you are getting the correct price for an item before you check out and finalize the transaction.
Amazon Associates Statement: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Disclosure Statement: I have material connections with various vendors and organizations. To review the material connections I have in the genealogy industry, please see Disclosure Statement.
Content and Images: All product content including images have been used by permission from the vendor.
©2019, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.