Ancestry Black Friday Sale Predictions: Here’s what we know …
Ancestry Black Friday Sale Predictions: We don’t have complete news to give you quite yet, but based on what Ancestry has offered in the past for Black Friday sales, here’s what I predict:
- AncestryDNA: you’ll be able to get AncestryDNA for the lowest price this year! Regularly $99 USD, the basic autosomal test should be priced at $49 USD. And remember, that Ancestry DOES NOT allow you to import data from other DNA testing sites. So if you want to connect with other Ancestry DNA users, you MUST take the AncestryDNA test!
- Ancestry Memberships: In the past, Ancestry Gift Memberships have been priced at 50% off for both 6-month and 1-year memberships. This is the ONLY time of the year that the 1-year gift membership is offered on sale. IMPORTANT! If you are a current Ancestry member you can purchase a gift membership for yourself and extend your current membership. Scroll down for details!
Ancestry Black Friday Sale Predictions: How Current Ancestry Members Can Take Advantage of Ancestry Gift Membership Sales
This method may not make sense but it works. Many followers take advantage of the 50% off Gift Membership each year using this method:
- If your current membership was created using a gift membership, you cannot cancel it since gift memberships do not auto-renew. Check the expiration date for your membership. Gift memberships have to be used within 90 days of purchase. If your current membership expires in April, for example, you can’t take advantage of this deal.
- If your current membership was NOT created using a gift membership, and it is set to auto-renew in the next 90 days, CANCEL your membership using the steps below. You will still have access to your membership and it will just expire on the set date.
Ancestry Black Friday Sale Predictions: Here’s How to Cancel Your Ancestry Membership
Follow these steps to cancel your current Ancestry membership. There are several “hoops to jump through” but in about seven steps you’ll have a cancellation confirmation on screen that you can print and you’ll also receive a confirmation via e-mail.
- Step 1: Log in at Ancestry, click the dropdown menu next to your name in the upper right, select Account Settings.
- Step 2: Scroll down and in the Membership section, click Cancel Membership.
- Step 3: Ancestry wants to REALLY MAKE SURE you want to cancel. Click Cancel Membership and then click Continue.
- Step 4: Ancestry is concerned about your membership cancellation. Select any reason you like, but I usually click It’s too expensive and then click Didn’t expect subscription to renew automatically. Then click Continue to Cancel.
- Step 5: Ancestry STILL won’t let you go without offering you a “better deal” on a membership. Since I selected the premium level All Access membership, there really isn’t any better offer. Click Continue.
- Step 6: FINALLY a confirmation appears and the message at the top states “Your membership has been cancelled, but can be used until it expires.” In addition the cancellation details will appear. Click Print to print out a copy of this page for safe keeping.
- Step 7: You will also receive an e-mail confirmation from Ancestry.
Ancestry Black Friday Sale Predictions: All-Access now has access for up to 4 accounts at Ancestry!
Did you notice that now Ancestry is offering four additional account when you purchase the All-Access 6-month membership?
Ancestry Black Friday Sale Predictions: Purchasing a Gift Membership
Gift memberships are 6- or 12-month non-renewing Ancestry® memberships. When someone receives a gift membership, they don’t need to enter payment information. With a membership, people can view records they find through searching and see records attached to hints in their tree. Different memberships provide access to different records.
Gift memberships are available for U.S. Discovery, World Explorer, and All Access memberships in 6- or 12-month increments. (Gift memberships aren’t currently available in one-month memberships.) Once a gift membership has been purchased, neither the membership type nor the membership duration can be altered. However, gift memberships are refundable within the first 30 days of purchase (if the membership has yet to be activated).
Gift memberships can be purchased for anyone, regardless of whether or not the recipient already has an Ancestry account or membership. However, gift memberships can only be purchased within 90 days of the membership’s start date, which means (for example) that if the recipient has a membership that ends four months from now, you should wait a month to purchase the membership.