Who is Thomas MacEntee of GenealogyBargains.com?
Click HERE to have me present a genealogy webinar for your group or society for just $100 USD!
What happens when a “tech guy” with a love for history gets laid off during The Great Recession of 2008? You get me, Thomas MacEntee, a genealogy professional who’s also a blogger, educator, author, social media connector, marketer, network builder and more.
Thomas was laid off after a 25-year career in the information technology field, so he started his own genealogy-related business called High Definition Genealogy. Currently Thomas shares many of his articles and videos for free at GenealogyBargains.com!
“I’m a lifelong learner with a background in a multitude of topics and I’ve finally figured out what I do best: teach, inspire, instigate, and serve as a curator and go-to-guy for concept nurturing and inspiration. I believe in success, and that we all succeed when we help each other find success.
I see things differently than most in the genealogy field; I’m almost never content with the status quo. That doesn’t mean I chase after change just for the sake of change; but when I see an opportunity to improve something and to bring more people into the genealogy sphere, that’s where you’ll find me.”
What I believe
- In abundance; that you get back ten-fold what your give freely to your profession and to your community.
- Knowledge is to be shared and not hoarded.
- Not everything is free, including genealogy records access, educational content and stuff found on the Internet.
- In order to receive the next good thing coming your way, you must have an open hand, palm up . . . you can’t get there if you’re constantly holding on to what you have.
- Always give credit and attribution; if you can’t find the artist/author/innovator, then don’t use it or share it.
- Celebrate the success of others and believe in possibilities – theirs and your own. Instead of saying, “Hey, that should be me!” say “Hey, that could be me!”
- Sister Corita’s Rules
Want to know more about Thomas?
- I was born in New York, and after living in Northern California for close to 20 years, I currently reside in Chicago.
- I’m a Baby Boomer at heart, with a head full of useless pop culture trivia.
- What I do and who I am are difficult to describe and I purposely avoid labels.
- If I had my way, I’d be in school forever, racking up degree after degree.
©2020, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.