Connect with Thomas MacEntee of GenealogyBargains.com
So, what if I told you that a Baby Boomer guy with a love of punk rock music but also Renaissance Art, somehow “fell” into the technology industry almost 40 years ago, and then left a lucrative career in information technology to pursue his love of family history and genealogy?
And that his passion for tracing his roots began over 45 years ago when he was watching the mini-series Roots on ABC Television at his great-grandparents’ house in February 1977?
While some might think these two elements – technology and historical research – are opposites. The truth is, “tech people” like Thomas are needed to guide today’s genealogists through the maze of options so they can deploy the best apps and devices as they break down those research brick walls.
Connect with Thomas MacEntee
- Genealogy & Technology E-News
Stay up to date with the latest offers from Ancestry, Findmypast, MyHeritage and more! Includes my technology articles and “how to” tips and tricks for genealogists.
- Genealogy Bargains
Genealogy Bargains scours the Internet and works closely with many genealogy vendors to secure the best deals, the best coupons, and the best savings for you.
- DNA Bargains
DNABargains.com has the best DNA test kit sales and helps you learn how to use your DNA test data for genealogy and family history!
- Facebook Group The Genealogy Do Over
The Genealogy Do-Over combines genealogy education on methodology and practice AS WELL AS recalling family memories to inspire genealogists to capture their own memories in a fixed form.
- Facebook Group Thomas’ Genealogy Tree House
Thomas’ Genealogy Tree House is your “club house” for family history “how to’s” from genealogy expert and author Thomas MacEntee.
- Facebook Page Genealogy Bargains
- Threads – Genealogy Bargains
- Twitter – Genealogy Bargains
- Instagram – Genealogy Bargains
- Pinterest – Genealogy Bargains
More About Thomas MacEntee
Having taught over 1,000 in-person and virtual genealogy lectures since 2010, serving on the boards of many genealogical societies, organizing a group of over 1,000 genealogy bloggers, and helping researchers save money on genealogy products and services, Thomas is ready for the next chapter in his professional journey: changing the way genealogists acquire new research skills, motivating researchers to take a chance on new technologies, and improving how family stories and heirlooms are preserved and passed on to the next generations.
Thomas MacEntee: author, educator, student, advocate, marketer, storyteller, entrepreneur and that “genealogy guy” who helps you accomplish your family history goals.
What I believe
- In abundance; that you get back ten-fold what your give freely to your profession and to your community.
- Knowledge is to be shared and not hoarded.
- Not everything is free, including genealogy records access, educational content and stuff found on the Internet.
- In order to receive the next good thing coming your way, you must have an open hand, palm up . . . you can’t get there if you’re constantly holding on to what you have.
- Always give credit and attribution; if you can’t find the artist/author/innovator, then don’t use it or share it.
- Celebrate the success of others and believe in possibilities – theirs and your own. Instead of saying, “Hey, that should be me!” say “Hey, that could be me!”
©2023, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.