Genealogy Bargains is the best site to save money on genealogy and family history including Ancestry, DNA tests and more!

Newest Bargains | FREE STUFF
FREE Webinars | Cheat Sheets & Ebooks
Speaking Request | Connect with Me!

Google for Genealogists

Google for Genealogists

Google for Genealogists

Summary Details

Length: 60 minutes

Summary: Most genealogists are only using 10% or less of the resources behind Google when it comes to research. Learn about the other 90% and how these Google components can be leveraged for better search results.

Google is more than just a search engine – it is a wealth of information much of which goes unnoticed by the average genealogist. Besides search, Google allows you to access maps, books, journals, abstracts, patents and much more. These components may be what is needed to make advances in your genealogy research.

Audience Level: Beginner

Requirements: Projection for laptop/netbook computer on large screen; internet connection – wired or wireless (preferred in order to show live searches on Google).

Content: 4 page handout


  • The Google You Know
  • The Google You May Not Know
  • Google Web Search
  • Books, Journals, Magazines
  • Photographs
  • Office Productivity
  • Collaboration
  • Transcription
  • News
  • Geography
  • Links

Book This Webinar NOW!

Click HERE to have me present this topic via your group’s virtual meeting platform! Includes a 50 minute presentation, 10 minute Q&A session, PDF handout, and a recorded version of the webinar!

©2023, copyright Thomas MacEntee. All rights reserved.